A few of the interesting things I did in 2010 in more or less chronological order.
- Started off flat out for the initial release of Sponsafier. By far the highest traffic site I've worked on with peaks of 26000 hits per minute.
- linux.conf.au ate up a week and had lots of interesting things, including the first time I came across Albany High school and their awesome open source infrastructure.
- Had an intra-office showdown between myself and Mike Lowery on Agile Bob's agile question contest. Plenty of trash-talking was had. In the end I came out victorious on the basis of being more novel and/or crazy.
- Attended Webstock, got a sweet bag. Rives was pretty awesome too.
- Became a Certified Scrum Professional (Which, apparently, is better than a Certified Scrum Master even though it doesn't sound like it).
- Started thinking about planning for Rails Camp NZ
- Organised Rails Bootcamp
- Attempted the Milford Track. It was slightly damp.
- Made Technical Lead at 3months
- Ran a Rails Workshop at Victoria University
- Worked a lot and posted lots of overtime, outside stuff went down a bit though.
- Settled on a location and started working on selling tickets for Rails Camp
- Created a MUD in Node.js for the Node Knockout
- Resigned from 3months to start Rabid Tech
- Did the Rails Rumble and created a news aggregator
- Did some contracting while getting going with Rabid Tech, unfortunately it took up a lot more time than I meant it to and delayed other things.
- Attended the NZ Open Source Awards - I had code in three different finalists.
- Gave a talk at Wellrailed on Rspec 2 and TDD - Unfortunately the videoing didn't work.
- Wrote a novel for Nanowrimo - Lots of editing still to do.
Post a Comment