Release Rabid Tech's first app.
Contribute to more open source.
Have Rails Camp NZ go well and also make it to the Aussie ones again.
Start building up some more passive income streams, small weekend apps that actually monetize etc. I have a new todo app idea that I'll have a look at building sometime soonish(The todo app market is clearly not saturated enough).
Edit my Nanowrimo novel from this year and look at trying to actually finish it. We've got a decent bunch of people carrying on from nano this year so might be able to get some more momentum behind it this year. My writing has improved each year as well.
Read more and widely, particularly:
- Some Proust
- One of Chinese four great classic novels, probably Dream of the Red Chamber given I already have some familiarity with Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Water Margin
- More History in the areas I'm unfamiliar with. Byzantine to start with.
- Finish Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs including most of the excercises.
- More Steinbeck
- Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid - I've been meaning to read this for ages.
- A few more biographies - I really enjoyed Richard Branson's this year.
- My usual mixture of Sci Fi and Fantasy.
Blog more - at least twice monthly.
Watch more good movies, with a minor focus on getting up to a convincingly large portion of the imdb top 250 list. I'm up to having watched 112 of them so far and I'm finding the more obscure or older films that place on the list to be particularly enjoyable.
Do some more teaching Rails to people, either mentoring or more workshops.